Our client is recognized around the world as an innovative leader in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of science-based nutritional health products. Our client is headquartered in Montreal, Canada and has offices and manufacturing plants around the globe. We are currently hiring for a Process Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA.
Responsible for designing engineering activities and developing processes to produce products. Ensure that manufacturing quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met. This position troubleshoots problems with production processes and takes corrective actions as required. The process engineer will also manage certain equipment or facility improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Evaluate process data to determine failure modes and identify opportunities for process improvements.
· Take responsibility for insuring all process changes & improvements are approved by quality and documented in the respective Standard Operating Procedures.
· Identify and implement opportunities for equipment control improvements to create more reliable and repeatable manufacturing processes.
· Track the throughput of manufacturing & its impact on the total product cost to provide cost justification for equipment improvement projects.
· Train all operations and maintenance personnel on any process changes or improvements that are implemented.
· Additional duties as required or assigned.
· Able to handle multiple tasks and complete work without supervision.
· Able to independently identify opportunities for improvement.
· Able to interact with cross functional teams (Quality, Production, Maintenance, Scheduling) when running product trials or implementing process improvements.
· Complete understanding of all inner workings of manufacturing plant operations.
· Proven abilities in using quality tools (SPC, Process Capability, Gage R&R, DOE, etc…) to improve manufacturing processes.
· Ability to create a standard operating procedure for a new process.
· Ability to use AutoCAD is a plus.
Work primarily done in a factory setting with considerable chemicals and dust.
· B.S. degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering…).
· Prior experience in powder processing environment is a plus.
· Prior experience in a FDA or similar regulated industry is a plus.
· Interest in developing into a future engineering management role is a plus.