Lead Controls Validation Engineer - Mechatronic Systems
Summary of the Lead Controls Validation Engineer - Mechatronic Systems Job :
The Lead Controls Validation Engineer will play a key role in the development of leading edge automotive technology for mechatronics. If you are interested in bleeding edge technology such as: Stability Control, Electronic Braking, Driverless Cars, Automated Driving, ADAS and Collision Avoidance this is were you should be. You will be responsible for the setting up and leading test automation framework for HIL development testing to ensure the system requirements are met by proving trace ability between system requirements and test specifications. Our this client is one of the largest product manufacturers of this type across the globe. If you have strong experience in defining test requirements and in developing System Integration Test Specification with traceability then this position is well suited to you. Experience in Aerospace, Stability Control, Collision Avoidance and Integrated Mechanical and Embedded Control Systems is Highly Desirable.
Responsibilities of the Lead Controls Validation Engineer- Mechatronic Systems Job:
- Design set up and develop of the Systems Test Specification with traceability from systems/integration test cases to the unique systems/architecture requirements to ensure full test coverage of interfaces
- Help team members to establish Systems Requirements Specification
- Defining HiL architecture and design
- Work with system architect in defining test requirements
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure requirements are testable
- Participate in team reviews to ensure the development is in compliance with A-SPICE and ISO26262 and record evidence report for demonstrating compliance.
- Produce test plans for System/System Integration based on Systems/Systems Integration Test Specifications
- Work with other cross functional teams to ensure the delivery of system test solutions and to develop the test harness required based on the test plan
- Deliver test environments within a defined system development process including the use of change and configuration management tools
- Maintain, improve and optimize the MiL and HiL environments for system control development and software testing; complete run individual test cases
- Support component tests within the system test environment
- Support use of testing environments by writing the tools in the form of Matlab scripts, dSpace automation/control desk scripts, and Python scripts etc.
- Work with contractors/vendors to solve issues and provide custom tools as needed
Qualifications of the Lead Controls Validation Engineer - Mechatronic Systems Job:
- Strong experience with controls for mechanical system is a MUST HAVE
- Systems level thinker is a MUST HAVE
- Experience defining HiL architecture and design is a MUST HAVE
- Experience designing and setting up a HiL environment is MUST HAVE
- Hands on background establishing a test automation framework for HiL development is a MUST HAVE
- Ability to establish from scratch, a test automation framework with minimal engineering support is a MUST HAVE
- Strong controls background with 1+ years of experience in electromechanical system test engineering
- BS or MS ME/EE/CS with emphasis on Controls along with 1+ years of related industrial experience preferred.
- Solid background in modern control theory such as state feedback control or optimal control.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and correlation.
- Experience with Matlab Simulink, Real-Time Workshop (RTW) and Code Generation
- dSpace Automation Desk and Control Desk experience
- Familiarity in vehicle CANs and ESC systems is preferred
- Experience with Vector CANape, CarSim and Electric Circuit design/test is preferred
- Knowledge of basic level of Python script will be a plus
Skills required for the Lead Controls Validation Engineer - Mechatronic Systems Job:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Skilled in responding to the queries and complaints from customers,agencies and business community.
- Skilled in writing speeches, presentations and reports for the upper level management/public or BODs.
- Knowledge of applying advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
- Knowledge of defining problems, data collection, establishment of facts and drawing the conclusions
Compensations of the Lead Controls Validation Engineer- Mechatronic Systems Job:
Salary Range: $85,000 to $115,000 depending on experience
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - System, Systems, test, electromechanical, brake, requirements, specifications, Analysis, traceability, integration, Validation, "Test Plan", "configuration management", MiL, HiL, Matlab, dSpace, automation, "control desk scripts", Python, correlation, Analysis, Matlab, Simulink, "Real-Time Workshop", RTW, Vector, Canape, Carsim, Circuit, mechatronics, Controls, Test, A-Spice, "system integrations", "plant model", Canoe, Canalyzer, Matlab, simulink, "data analysis", "code generator", “Automated Driving”, “Stability Control”, “Electronic Braking”, “Driverless Cars”, “Collision avoidance”