Global Advisory Firm—Chicago/NYC/Boston/Dallas/Detroit/Houston/LA/San Francisco/DC—Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Opportunity to work with the best and brightest.
- Highly competitive pay and benefits package.
- Company offers a career development planning process and training opportunities.
Note from Hiring Manager
- BIG 4 auditors for lower level openings, must come out of a forensic practice for higher level openings.
- Looking for highly rated auditors.
- Fluency in Portuguese required.
- CPA preferred.
Seeking Financial Advisory Services Associate to support the Financial Advisory Services (FAS) practice. The FAS practice applies accounting, financial, economic, and data analysis expertise and experience to assist clients in addressing their critical issues. The role will report to more senior staff and Managing Directors.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics.
- 1-12 years of experience working in a professional services firm providing dispute, litigation and/or valuation services, or a Big 4 accounting firm conducting independent financial statement audits for publicly traded companies.
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to prepare or learn to prepare financial models and cash flow analyses.
- A professional demeanor with advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills including ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well both with others in a team environment and independently.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to meet client needs.
- Ability to occasionally travel.
- Desire and interest to meet new people and network socially with positive and energetic attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and analyze factors affecting litigation damages or valuation including gaining understanding of the industry or market at issue.
- Develop and assess projections and forecasts.
- Create financial models incorporating discounted cash flow (DCF) theory.
- Conduct industry and market research and develop market-based approaches to valuation.
- Apply statistical analysis.
- Review and summarize materials produced in litigation matters such as depositions and financial statements.
- Organize documents and work papers and prepare supporting materials for litigation and valuation reports.
- Create and manage large data sets.
- Communicate with clients and colleagues in written and oral form.
- Draft written reports and prepare presentation materials.
- Perform quality control reviews over work product.